We are looking for Bakers to prepare different types of bread and a wide range of pastries, like cookies, cakes and pies.
Baker responsibilities include opening the bakery early in the morning, mixing dough, preparing fillings and glazing pastries. To be successful in this role, you should have work experience as a Baker and be able to decorate cakes using creative techniques.
Ultimately, you will make sure we offer fresh and delicious goods to our customers on a daily basis.
- Open the bakery early in the morning
- Clean kitchen equipment and tools before use
- Weigh flour and other ingredients to prepare dough
- Bake different bread types, like pretzels, baguettes and multigrain breads
- Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking
- Mix various ingredients to create fillings for cakes and pies (e.g. chocolate ganache, caramel sauce and fruits)
- Decorate cakes with glazes, icings, buttercream and edible toppings, like flowers
- Shape dough to prepare different types of pastries, including croissants, cookies and sweet rolls
- Prepare custom-made pastries based on customers’ preferences (e.g. birthday cakes)
- Recommend recipes to renew our menu and attract more customers (e.g. gluten-free or vegan desserts)
- Track food supplies and place orders, as needed
- Experience as a Baker, Pastry Chef or similar role
- Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders and dough sheeters
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Experience with cake decoration techniques
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Flexibility to work in early morning shifts
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus