The North East School Division invites applications for the following temporary School Bus Driver position:
Route 7 Melfort to begin as soon as can be mutually agreed upon and concluding June 28th, 2021.
Estimated Daily Km 156 km/day (subject to change)
We are looking for a responsible and reliable School Bus Drivers to transport students to and from school following a scheduled route and ensuring their safety. The School Bus Driver’s responsibilities include ensuring proper vehicle maintenance, observing safety and traffic rules, and maintaining order among students while they are on the bus.
The successful applicants must:
Obtain a medical and possess the appropriate school bus endorsement on their operators license as issued by the Highway Traffic Board
Provide a Drivers Abstract
Provide a Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check
Be willing to join the Local CUPE 4875 union
To be successful as a School Bus Driver you should enjoy working with children and strictly observe passenger transport regulations. Ultimately, a top-notch School Bus Driver should be meticulous when it comes to vehicle inspections and regard passenger safety as the highest priority.
- Being attentive to traffic and weather conditions and ensuring passenger safety.
- Following the planned route and schedule for departure times and stops.
- Regularly checking vehicle safety such as tires, brakes, turn signals, mechanical equipment, etc.
- Monitoring and reporting fuel consumption, mileage, and passenger numbers.
- Reporting delays, accidents, and emergencies.
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Inspecting the vehicle thoroughly before and after each trip.
- Assisting with the loading and unloading of the bus when required.
- Enforcing conduct and safety rules on the bus.
- Maintaining a clean vehicle.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- CDL license required.
- Passenger and school bus endorsement required.
- Clean driving record.
- Previous experience as a bus driver.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Working knowledge of first aid procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
North East School Division No. 200
Bryan Morgan, Manager
Candidates do not have to hold an S-endorsement at the time of application.